February 28th-March 2nd | Providence, RI – Sophia Papoulis, Conductor
Eligibility for Audition:
- Treble singers who will be in grades 4, 5, or 6 in February 2024 may apply
- Application deadline is September 30th, 2023 through Submittable.
- Singers must be members in good standing of their sponsoring musical organizations
- Singers participating in an ACDA 2024 Eastern Region conference performing choir, interest session choir or spotlight choir are not eligible to participate in an honor choir. This is due to the amount of time needed for the sound check/performance and honor choir rehearsal time that will be missed.
- Sponsoring teachers : Please consider whether the applicant has the social and emotional maturity to participate in an extended rehearsal process.
Registration Fees and Costs: Accepted Singers are responsible for all of the following:
- Application fee of $20
- Registration/participation fee of $299
- Hotel: It is preferred that participating Elementary Honor Choir singers and their parent(s) or parent-appointed chaperones stay at the Omni Providence Hotel which will have a conference rate of $179 per night. A link for hotel bookings will be provided with the acceptance notice. This easy access to rehearsals etc. but families may find their own housing if they wish.
- Personal transportation to and from Providence, RI.
Expectations of Accepted Singers:
- Singers must be well-prepared on all music prior to arrival. Re-auditions will take place before the first rehearsal on Thursday, Feb 29th. Singers who are not prepared will not be allowed to participate in the honor choir.
- Singers are expected to abide by all ACDA Honor Choir policies. If rules are broken, singers will be sent home at their personal expense.
- All information regarding the Honor Choir experience will be communicated through the ACDA Sponsor. Singers should check regularly with the sponsor and on the Honor Choir Announcement webpage (acdaeast.org) for updated information. Singers must have an ACDA sponsor (or a representative named by the sponsor) staying at a conference hotel who can provide ACDA with a working cell phone number.
- Any questions can be addressed to Regina McAdam, ACDA Eastern Region Conference Honor Choir Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- All application information must be uploaded to the audition site (Submittable) no later than September 30th, 2023.
Results of the audition will be emailed to ACDA sponsors on or before October 30th 2023.
Online Audition Process:
- Online applications are on Submittable.
- The Sponsor (and the applicant with his/her parent as necessary) submits online application information.
- Include a non-refundable application fee of $20.00 paid online on the application site.
- Payment may be made by credit card only. If paying by bulk (the sponsor has 2 or more students they want to pay for in one payment in order to be reimbursed by a school or organization) please carefully follow the instructions on the submittable application. You will only need to pay ONE bulk payment. However, the invoice you receive from that payment will need to be used for each individual’s application. Please save your bulk payment invoice after you register your first applicant. This will make completing every other individual application easier. Complete instructions are on the submittable application.
- There is no audition recording for this group. This is a group based on sponsor recommendation only. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of students we can select, no more than four students per sponsor will be accepted. Selection would then become a lottery system. If possible, all students recommended by their ACDA sponsor will be accepted.
Questions? Contact Regina McAdam, Honor Choir Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org