February 28th-March 2nd | Providence, RI – Liana Salinas, Conductor
Eligibility for Audition:
- Singers who will be in grades 7, 8, or 9 in February 2024 may apply
- Application (through Submittable) deadline is September 30, 2023.
- Singers must be members in good standing of their sponsoring musical organizations
- Singers participating in an ACDA 2024 Eastern Region conference performing choir, interest session choir or spotlight choir are not eligible to participate in an honor choir. This is due to the amount of time needed for the sound check/performance and honor choir rehearsal time that will be missed.
- Given the ‘changing’ nature of male voices in this age range, applicants should apply in the voice range that best suits them at the time of the audition – changes in vocal placement might be made (in consultation with the ACDA sponsor) up until the time of conference.
- Application fee $20 – individual/bulk credit card payments accepted. See application for details
Registration Fees and Costs: Accepted Singers are responsible for all of the following:
- Hotel: It is preferred that participating Middle School/Jr High Honor Choir singers and their parent(s) or parent-appointed chaperones stay at the Omni Hotel Providence, which will have a conference rate of $179 per night. A link for hotel bookings will be provided with the acceptance notice. This allows easy access to rehearsals etc., but families may find their own housing if they wish.
- Registration / Participation fee of $299.00
- Personal transportation to and from Providence RI from home.
- Scholarships are available and financial need will be determined prior to the registration payment deadline.The Scholarship application form can be filled out by accepted singers within 10 days of their acceptance notification. Singers receiving a scholarship will be notified prior to the festival registration deadline.
Expectations of Accepted Singers:
- Singers must be well-prepared on all music prior to arrival. Re-auditions will take place before the first rehearsal on Wednesday, February 28th.. Singers who are not prepared will not be allowed to participate in the honor choir.
- Singers are expected to abide by all ACDA Honor Choir policies. If rules are broken, singers will be sent home at their personal expense.
- All information regarding the Honor Choir experience will be communicated through the ACDA Sponsor and acdaeast.org. Singers must have an ACDA sponsor (or a representative named by the sponsor) staying at a conference hotel who can provide ACDA with a working cell phone number.
Online Audition Process:
- Online applications are on Submittable.
- The Sponsor (and the applicant with his/her parent as necessary) submits online application information.
- Include a non-refundable application fee of $20.00 paid online on the application site.
- Do not state the student name, sponsor name, or organization for any uploaded recordings.
- Sponsor uploads one sound file of the student singing. The student will sing one phrase (8-10 measures) of a folk song of their sponsor’s choice. It must be sung a cappella and only the starting pitch can be played. The sound file will be used to affirm that the sponsored student can sing at the level needed for this ensemble. All applicants will be chosen to participate if they are able to sing in tune with appropriate tone.
- Payment may be made by credit card only. If paying by bulk (the sponsor has 2 or more students they want to pay for in one payment in order to be reimbursed by a school or organization) please carefully follow the instructions on the submittable application. You will only need to pay ONE bulk payment. However, the invoice you receive from that payment will need to be used for each individual’s application. Please save your bulk payment invoice after you register your first applicant. This will make completing every other individual application easier. Complete instructions are on the submittable application.
Questions? Contact Regina McAdam, Honor Choir Coordinator: email@example.com