ACDA Eastern Division 2012 Conference
Providence, RI — February 15-18, 2012
We are pleased to have the following organizations participating and presenting at the 2012 Eastern Division Conference.
- AGO – John Walker “Choral Conductor and Organist: a Creative Partnership”
- Chorus America – Catherine Davies “How to Make a Strong Case for the Value of Choral Music Education”
- GALA – John Quillin “Best Kept Secrets – Commission Gems from GALA Choruses”
- MTNA – Rachel Kramer “See How Opposites Attract When Music is in the Middle”
- NATS – Alan Henderson “Choral Directors are from Mars and Voice Teachers are from Venus: ‘Sing from your Diaphragm,’ and Other Vocal Mistructions”
- ACDA– Tim Sharp “Mentoring in the Ensemble Arts: Helping Others Find Their Voice”
MTNA Invites ACDA Members To MTNA National Conference
Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) would like to invite members of the Eastern Division of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) to the MTNA National Conference in New York, New York, March 24–28, at the MTNA member rate.
MTNA heads back to New York City for the first time since 1987, and expects more than 2,000 music teachers from across the country to converge on the city for this annual five-day event. Collaborative pianist Menahem Pressler, piano duo Melvin Stecher and Norman Horowitz and Boston Philharmonic conductor Benjamin Zander, will be the conference headliners. Numerous professional workshops, teaching tracks, sessions, industry showcases and masterclasses will also take place, as well as the finals of MTNA’s national student competitions.
For more information on the conference, visit this page.
To register for the conference and receive the MTNA member rate, ACDA members simply need to click here. On the second page, type “ACDA” in the field listed “Member Number,” and then select the radio button for MTNA Active Member.
Register before December 1, for last year’s rate of $295.