Men in the Middle
- Male singers in either 7th or 8th grade as of February 11, 2010.
- Singers must be members in good standing of their sponsoring musical organizations.
- Singers must be sponsored by a current ACDA member. Membership will be verified by organization membership number.
- Singers are responsible for all expenses incurred: registration fee ($60.00), and any transportation costs or hotel costs incurred.
- Singers must be thoroughly prepared on all music prior to arrival.
- Singers should plan to arrive at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown no later than 9:30 am on Thursday, February 11 and remain until 5:30 pm the same day.Tentative Schedule:
9:30am -10:00 am Registration – Marriott Liberty Ballroom A
10:00am -12:00pm Rehearsal – Marriott Liberty Ballroom A
12:00pm – 1:30 pm Lunch – Hard Rock Cafe
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Final Rehearsal
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Walk to Arch Street Presbyterian Church and set up (approximately 5 blocks)
2:30 pm – 5:00 pm Workshop at Arch Street Presbyterian Church
- Sponsors are responsible for the thorough musical preparation of sponsored singer(s) as well as for timely and accurate communication with the participants.
- All correspondence with Workshop Choir participants will be sent to the Sponsor. The majority of information will be communicated by email and/or be posted on the website. Sponsors and singers may check www.acdaeast.org regularly for updated information.
- All music will be mailed to the Sponsor.Vive L’Amour, arranged by Terry Barham
TTBB Santa Barbara
Polly Wolly Doodle, arranged by Dan Krunnfusz
- The registration fee for the festival choir will be $60.00. This includes the clinic, music packet, lunch and souvenirs.
- The $60.00 registration fee DOES NOT include any transportation or hotel costs.
- Singers wishing overnight accommodations on Wednesday, February 10 or Thursday, February 11 may reserve rooms at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown or the Marriott Courtyard at the ACDA conference rate. Double occupancy = $149.00 plus tax per night.
— Additional Links —
Men in the Middle – Applications Closed
Dr. Terry Barham
Dr. Terry Barham, Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at Emporia State University, has served as guest choral conductor and clinician at the high school and junior high/middle school levels in 19 states. He has presented workshops and clinic sessions on the boys changing voice for American Choral Directors Association state, regional and national conferences and six Music Educators National Conference state conferences. He earned degrees from the University of Illinois (M.S.) and the University of Oklahoma (B.Mus.Ed. and Ph.D.).
Barham’s most recent book, Strategies for Teaching Junior High and Middle School Male Singers–Master Teachers Speak, is highly regarded by teachers around the U.S. He is also co-author of The Boy’s Changing Voice–New Solutions For Today’s Choral Teacher.
In July, 2007, Barham was presented the Harry Robert Wilson Award for lifetime service to the choral art by the Kansas ACDA (American Choral Directors Association). Currently, Barham is National Coordinator for State and Division Newsletters for the American Choral Directors Association and chair of the Society for Music Teachers in Education for Kansas. In 2001, he was one of four recipients of the Emporia Chamber of Commerce Golden Apple Award for service to community and for teaching excellence. He is also listed in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who among America’s Teachers, and Who’s Who in American Education.
For further information, contact Marily Berrie at