ACDA Eastern Division 2014 Conference – Baltimore, MD
February 5-8, 2014
2014 Honor Choirs – Information for Accepted Students
Congratulations to all of the fine singers who have been accepted for one of the 2014 ACDA Eastern Division Honor Choirs. Being chosen for one of these choirs is a testament to you and your sponsor’s talents, work, and commitment to choral music. It also brings many responsibilities and further work which will result in an experience you will never forget!
FOUR ACTION ITEMS
By October 1, 2013, all singers (and parent/guardians or ACDA sponsors) must:
- REGISTRATION FEE: Pay the registration fee using either method below:
(Please note that the Chinese Repertoire and High School registration fees include housing)a. Using this PayPal link:
|Elementary Honor Choir – $250.00 USDJr High Honor Choir – $250.00 USDHigh School Honor Choir – $400.00 USDChinese Repertoire Honor Choir – $400.00 USD|
b. Completing the registration fee form and mailing it with payment to the address below (and on the form). Checks should be made payable to ACDA.
- EXPECTATION FORM: Accept your place in the choir by reading, signing and mailing the form appropriate to your choir.
Elementary Honor Choir Expectation Form
Jr High Honor Choir Expectation Form
High School Honor Choir Expectation Form
Chinese Repertoire Honor Choir Expectation Form
- MEDICAL RELEASE FORM: The medical release form must be signed, notarized, and mailed.
Elementary Honor Choir Medical Form
Jr High Honor Choir Medical Form
High School Honor Choir Medical Form
Chinese Repertoire Honor Choir Medical Form
- HOUSING: All of the singers in the Elementary and Junior High Honor Choirs are expected to stay in the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront hotel with their parent/parent-designated chaperones. Reservations must be made using the following link and code:
Access code: ACDSTU0214
(Housing arrangements are being made for the High School and Chinese Repertoire Honor Choir students, so no reservations need to be made at this time.)
All forms must be completed and mailed and registration fees paid NO LATER than Oct. 1, 2013. Failure to meet these deadlines could result in losing your place in the choir. Once we receive registration fees, we will mail music to each teacher/sponsor (on or before October 15).
FORMS (and checks) should be sent to:
c/o White Plains High School
550 North St.
White Plains, NY 10605
FAQs for the Honor Choirs:
- When do the Honor Choir singers have to be in Baltimore?
As early as 2 pm and no later than 5 pm. Registration will go from 2-5 pm on Wednesday, February 5th and rehearsals will begin at 6 pm.
- When will the Honor Choir singers be finished in Baltimore?
The final concert for the Elementary and Junior High School will be from 2:30-3:30.
The final concert for the Chinese Repertoire and High School Honor choirs will be from 4:00-5:00. Both final concerts will be in the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
- What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee covers costs of music, personnel, facility usage, and all breakfasts and lunch or dinner (sometimes both) for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. For High School and Chinese Repertoire singers, it also includes hotel costs for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.
- Where are the High School and Chinese Repertoire Honor Choirs singers staying?
All of the high-school aged students in the High School and Chinese Repertoire Honor Choirs will be staying in the Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor. They will be staying four to a room and the hotel cost is included in their entire registration fee. Roommate requests are made through the singers’ ACDA sponsor on the www.opusevent.com site.